THE BEGINNING OF A JOURNEY


Child molestation is a frequent happening in our environment nowadays but was not so about 10 years ago. Parents could freely hand over their children to relatives without fretting but that confidence has begun to wear off. This is because the world has turned into a pack of wolves in human clothing. This is not to say that child molestation never occurred in the past, it did and that has caused some kind of psychological effect on the youths of today. Lots of us never got to speak up ether due to fear of not being believed, threats or merely because there was no one to talk to. I would put myself in the 1st and 3rd reasons. I barely spoke, my molester was die hard family member who could barely hurt a fly and there was really no one to talk to. I was sexually molested by a distant cousin of mine. I was at his house for the holidays, my younger brother and myself spent our holiday there. My aunt was a nurse so she was rarely home, same as her husband. I never really had a close bond with my parents even till this very moment. So a jss3 student, constantly molested by her cousin with no one to run to, that was me. I never opened up to anyone and that began an avoidable journey. Being sexually active at that point was never in my plan. The hurt that came along with that action pushed me into the walls of the world and opened me to activities I wish I never had any clue about. I know there are a lot who have been in these same shoes and have shut themselves up in their own world of "revenge". To the ladies, there is nothing like revenge or better still, no amount of "revenge" would make you feel good again instead you keep widening that little punctured hole in your heart. To the guys, you are only spreading your water on the streets and creating an almost impossible scar to erase. To my parents, great attention is all that is needed. There are a lot of things your child would love to share with you, that's the greatest gift you could give your teenage children. Attention. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! Hmmmmm.....Thanks for sharing sis. A lesson for we parents, our boys and our girls. Thanks for sharing.
dante said…
Wow.shar. you are a brave and wonderful lady.not many can endure all that and still share it as a message.god bless
Lake said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lake said…
One can only imagine how such terrible experience would hurt. It breaks your heart at every thought of it. This could have been circumvented only if parents were more observant. I really empathise with you cutie, I could feel tear drop dripping down while imaging the agony this must have constituted. Here's hoping the scare is permanently erased from your heart.

Popular Posts