WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU




OK, so I woke up this morning wondering why we are what we are present, why we behave or act the way we do, why we are who we are or who we will be in the nearest future. And I got thinking, really thinking. 
Recently I have been doing a lot of self questionings and thinking similar to this. I think it is because of the stage I am in my life right now. You know the feeling of scare concerning after school. What lie has got to display in your face once you write your final exam? I don’t know but I guess everyone has this kind of feeling at some point in life, especially at the point of a new beginning. You would have thought about it and even plotted all the perfect plans you could but then when it is time to execute that plan we either grow cold feet or we prefer to go with a totally different plan (looking for a short cut) or as the case seems to be most time, one thing leads to another and there is a circumstance that prevents you from executing your staged plan.

Yes, I know everyone has had their lives all drawn out on a canvas some in our minds while some have been put down on paper but just like an architect the drawing does not always portray perfectly what is intended but rather the eventual erection of the structure does. That is how life also is. No matter the amount of planning and strategizing not everything goes in our directed direction. Just like in my case, I never envisioned my past to be part of my story nor did I see myself writing. I never saw myself having some of the certificates I have presently. They were never in my envisioned future. I always wanted to be in the sciences not the arts but then when I found myself in the arts, I craved to be a fine artist, you know, play with colors, sculpt, make mosaics, etc (well I still create all these with the foodie part of me). Same situation for most of you wonderful readers. I am sure you can agree with me if you look deep down into your past.

We all grow up to fit into an already set mold which the society, parent, church, mosque, schools, and every other institution create. These molds are directly or indirectly presented to us not caring about our own plans. You are a unique being and no mold preset for you should be able to contain your greatness. Do not try to fit into that mold. Never settle for less. Do not be mediocre. Break out. Expand. And never be sorry about it. Never lose sight of your passion or your own plans. It is never too late to get what you desire. Once the desire is still burning within you, trust me, it just takes your permission to erect that paper plan of yours.


We continually behold the image put before us, the goalpost, we keep having that in our face, and gradually but eventually we become what we see. As the saying goes, “you are what you eat”. Our eyes are our mouth, and our minds are our bodies. Whatever we feed our eyes or what we are fed with transforms our minds to conform to that or those image(s). Have you ever wondered why we turn out to be the exact people we dislike or hate to be like? You don’t want to be like your father, mother, uncle, etc but that is exactly who you turn out to be. You so much dislike the fact that you are from a broken home but once there is a crisis in your own matrimonial home, you opt for the quickest solution which is to walk out of the marriage. 

All these are our subconscious presenting itself as the manager of our lives. I am sure at this point you are wondering, ‘so how do I escape being such?’ It is quite easy; it still has to do with what we feed our minds with. Instead of continually hating what we do not want, all we need to do is begin to feed ourselves with what we want. You want a happy marriage? Then get a “perfect marriage model” and learn from it. Yes, I understand that there is nothing like perfect but then you know what you should not fix your sight and mind to. It is never too late to be you. Feed yourself with the correct amount of calories, be careful of your little chew-on, do not lose sight of what you desire, and forget about what you do not want. Watch what is on your menu. Thank me later when you get your results.

Comments

Popular Posts